Why not have your vegetable for dessert!? This is another recipe from my low carb days. This is one of Rob’s favorite recipes that came from that diet , he still asks for it so I recently made it for him.
Mock Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream ( I’ve used 1/2 & 1/2)
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbs melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar of choice (I’ve used splenda, sugar,and coconut sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/4 baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut squash in half, place face down on cookie sheet for one hour. Let cool and remove seeds. Scrape squash out to get three cups and set aside.
- Spray 10 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In blender combined all ingredients except squash. Blend until smooth. Add squash to blender and briefly pulse (this will be your coconut texture).
- pour mixture into pie dish and bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- let cool 1 hour and then refrigerate over night
This pie really does get better over time!